Dear Pennies & Pens,
My name is LoudPen aka Penny Newberry, CEO of ISLP, The InkSpot, LLC. I am a Copywriter with over 10 years of experience. I am currently freelancing as a Contributing Blogger for the American Red Cross.
My writing portfolio is a collection of my work while working as a full time Copywriter at Photon, Copywriter at AAFES or The Army & Air Force Exchange and a Social Media Manager at Kubis Interactive.
While in these positions, I wrote website copy, product descriptions, email newsletters, video scripts, social media posts and more. My portfolio also includes freelance consulting and writing projects as well as links to my published books.
Please feel free to browse my portfolio by clicking the links below. For full time employment opportunities or contract positions, contact me at Pennynewberry85@gmail.com. For freelance projects, please contact me at LoudPen@theinkspotlp.com.
Mister Car Wash Photon (February 2022 - January 2023)
- While at Photon as a full time Copywriter, I wrote all website copy for Mister Car Wash.
- I also wrote copy for their mobile app, social media and email newsletters.
The Exchange (AAFES The Army & Air Force Exchange; July 2019 - April 2020)
- While at AAFES as a full time Copywriter, I wrote product descriptions for the website. I wrote a minimum of 60 product descriptions per day.
Ruggles Black (Kubis Interactive; November 2013 - 2015)
- While at Kubis Interactive as a Social Media Manager, I managed their Instagram account and wrote content for their website. (link is to their about page)
Boys and Girls Country (Kubis Interactive; November 2013 - 2015)
- While at Kubis Interactive as a Social Media Manager, I also did copywriting for Boys and Girls Country, a nonprofit organization in Houston. I wrote all of the content for their website.
Florescu Foundation (Kubis Interactive November 2013 - 2015)
- While at Kubis Interactive as a Social Media Manager, I also did copywriting for the Florescu Foundation, a nonprofit organization based in Bucharest, Romania. I wrote all of the content for their website.
Private Equity Playbook - While at Photon as a Copywriter, I wrote this digital playbook for private equity companies.
This playbook helps portfolio companies realize rapid value creation with an integrated approach that combines strategy, consulting, creative design and engineering to enable digital transformation.
Photon (February 2022 - January 2023)
Live your best life with unlimited washes - Mister Car Wash
- While at Photon as a full time Copywriter, I wrote this headline for Mister Car Wash.
Social Media Content and Management:
Photon (February 2022 - January 2023)
- While at Photon as a full time Copywriter, I worked with the content marketing team to write posts for Photon’s LinkedIn page. Photon has over 250,000 followers on LinkedIn. Please see a few of the posts below.
Randall Davis Company (Kubis Interactive; November 2013 - 2015)
- While at Kubis Interactive as a Social Media Manager, I managed the Instagram and Facebook accounts for Randall Davis, a Houston based real estate developer.
Dr. Forrest Roth (Kubis Interactive; November 2013 - 2015)
- While at Kubis Interactive as a Social Media Manager, I managed the Instagram and Facebook accounts for Dr. Forrest Roth, a Houston based plastic surgeon.
The Newberry Scholarship (January 2021 - Present)
- As a volunteer project, I work with my family’s scholarship foundation to award scholarships to African American students from Perry High School in Perry, GA. I manage the Facebook page and write articles for The Newberry Scholarship.
American Red Cross of North Texas (January 2021 - Present)
- As a Volunteer Contributing Blogger for the American Red Cross of North Texas, I have written blog posts for the Red Cross. Please see the articles below.
- Michelle Nelson, Author of Little Ruby Does It Big
- I worked with Michelle on a freelance consulting project to help her publish her first children's book, Little Ruby Does It Big. I offered advice on different printing options as well as branding and marketing to increase sales.
- I also worked with Michelle to shoot brand photos for Instagram and website. I worked with Michelle in 2019 and 2020.
- Kendra Jones, Jewelry Designer and Founder of K Jones
- I worked with Kendra as a Freelance Publicist & Social Media Manager. I wrote the K Jones social media strategy and managed her Instagram account.
- I also wrote content for her website. I worked with Kendra in 2017.
- Amber Anglin, Fashion Designer and Founder of Grown & Grounded
- I worked with Amber on a freelance branding consultation to her launch Grown & Grounded, a T-Shirt brand.
- I offered advice on printing options as well as branding, marketing, and sales. I worked with Amber in 2021.
- Edwina Fort, Award Winning Author of 10+ Books
- I worked with Edwina on a marketing consultation to help increase book sales.
- I offered advice on how to use social media to increase sales and engagement. I worked with Edwina in 2019.
- Matt Houston, CEO of Collaborative Culture LLC
- I worked with Matt as a Freelance Content Manager. I wrote blog post titles and descriptions as well as YouTube video titles and descriptions for Matt and his company, Collaborative Culture LLC.
- I worked with Matt in 2021.
I am a Published Author with three books: #MakeUrPenLoud: How To Be A Lifestyle Blogger, The Loudest Pen Ever and The Pen Planner.
These books were published independently via ISLP, The InkSpot, LLC.
#MakeUrPenLoud: How To Be A Lifestyle Blogger: This book teaches you how to create content for a lifestyle blog and work with brands. It was published in 2015.
The Loudest Pen Ever: This book is a collection of original stories and poems about my life as a Black woman and entrepreneur. It was published in 2019.
The Pen Planner: This book is workbook that helps you plan social media posts. It was published in 2021.